The following quiz was in the February Amber News - Can you answer the questions
MASTERMIND SPECIALIST- SUBJECT CAMBRIDGE UNITED
ARE YOU A CAMBRIDGE UNITED ANORAK?
1) Can you name the 2 future England managers who played against United in the inaugral 1970-71 season and the teams they represented?
2) Can you name 3 United players who have played first team football for Manchester United?
3) Which future England test cricketer played against United at the Abbey Stadium in the 1972-73 promotion season?
4) Which future England test cricketer played against United( away game) in the 1976-77 promotion season?
5) United appeared as the featured game on Match of the Day 3 times in the 1970s, always as the away team. Can you name the opponents and the aproximate dates?
6) Can you name the first 2 Cambridge born players to represent Cambridge United in football league fixtures?
7) Malcom Webster was presented with an award at half time during the final league game of the season v Oldham in 1983, why?
8) Can you name the player sent off 3 times in a period of 5 games during the 1994-5 season?
9) Can you name the only father and son combination who have both represented United in first team football since 1970?
10) Which United player played in the same schoolboy team as David Beckham?
11) Dion Dublin’s father was a member of which 1970s pop group?
12) Colin Calderwood is not the first Calderwood to be involved at United as Jimmy Calderwood was a loan player from Birmingham City in I think 1979 or 1980 but can you list players with the same surname who have represented United in the league era?
William Arnold February 2019