Make a note of the date - Saturday 6th August, following Cambridge United v Barnet.
Join former U's favourite Tom Youngs for what promises to be a fascinating question & answer session, followed by the launch of his book 'What dreams are (not quite) made of'
Here's a quick preview from the man himself:
"From Chapter Two, 'The Coldham's Common Lottery' to Chapter 11, 'Small Print, Big Let-Down',
the book moves from my first selection for the Cambridge United centre of excellence, aged 10, to my departure to Northampton Town in 2003.
On the way, I discuss:
- being marked by Rio Ferdinand on my youth-team debut in 1996
- benefitting from an administrative error to be given a slightly more generous first professional contract than expected in 1997
- slowly winning over some sceptics on the terraces to eventually establish myself in the first team
- the disappointment of being unable to keep Roy McFarland in his job
- a difficult eight months under John Beck
- the run to the LDV final which gave everybody at least a bit of respite during our trying relegation season
- the contract dispute that led to me making the tough decision to leave the club
- my sadness at parting from the Cambridge fans, and why I rank them as the best I've seen
All of the above are shot through with details of my memories of life in the dressing room and on the pitch at the Abbey, and then the following chapters move on to my time at Northampton, Leyton Orient, Bury and beyond, eventually coming to my diagnosis and the uncertainties of the future"
Come along and support 'one of our own' - it's going to be a good 'un!
Contact CFU | Join CFU | News | Join CUFC Lottery
(It costs just 20 pounds to join CFU and your membership makes a difference) CFU.
CUFC Lottery supporting CRY click here www.play2winlottery.co.uk/bull-cry.html
Cambridge Fans United