- MINUTES OF CFU TRUST BOARD ZOOM MEETING on MONDAY 12th APRIL 2021
PRESENT: Andrew Stephen (Chairman), Dave Matthew-Jones, Margaret Pearson, Frank Pearson (Secretary), Paul Moffat, Colin Proctor, Nigel Browne, Terry Wilby, Carl Badcock, Gina Heath, Robert Osbourn, Leanne Huff, Ben Phillips and Emma Smith.
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- Membership (TW) 313. Agreed that anyone who paid £80 for 5 years in 20/21 or pay £50 by direct debit will be given life membership. Plan for AGM with fans’ forum on 21st June when Covid restrictions are due to end.
- Accounts (PM). Accounts for March have been sent out. Profits for March include money for 6 books to go to Ian Darler. £98k in Cooperative Bank necessitates opening an account in a second bank, with the added benefit that paying in cheques will be easier.
- Coconuts (GH): Andy Fox is liaising with the Museum of Technology for the July event and will need volunteers. Former players’ reunion under discussion.
- Lottery (NB). Jackpot is now over £1,600. Figures sent out to all were 178 members, (highest membership ever), £29,966.43 bank balance, £18,764.27 prize fund, £1,266.42 cost fund, £9,935.74 distribution fund. Scoreboards are now up and should be working well by next season when the Lottery re-launch will take place. Need to work with new Media man (Dan B) to get player involvement.
- CUSP (AS). CFU held Zoom discussion with 3 from CUSP. James Mills has yet to respond. DMJ followed up with e-mail to James asking for response.
NB: Soon time for CUSP election. He will also try to obtain an agenda before the panel meets.
- SLO/FED (DMJ)
- FSA Reporting Project (with PM): still 9 months to go, but Government might get us to move faster
- Scoreboards: Thanks to CB for reprogramming them and making changes. He is an operator along with Dan Lee.
- 2 CMF flags have been taken down
- Player reunion – hoping for sponsorship
- Charity Match – perhaps an annual event
- Mosque visit – well received. CUFC the only club to complete the project. An article in Cambridge Independent
- Wheelchair umbrellas and ponchos – purchase agreed even if so far only available in blue and white. Can CFU stickers be added?
- Discussion of the Mosque visit. What next?
AS: Let’s provoke the Club’s conscience. How come no-one has thought of it before? An African church nearby could be next target.
BP working with YMCA to organise homeless hostels match.
NB: As club not producing printed programme, could CFU organise replacement? We could undercut prices on e-bay and once fans return there would be demand. Other League 2 clubs offer a season subscription.
Need to talk to Media and Commercial at Club.
UTAS fanzine appeals to younger people.
We like the season long subscription for programmes.
RO: Season Tickets for next season. Club leaving it as late as possible.
DMJ: LGBT. Will be talking to Anwar soon.
Following mosque visit, changes are needed such as not forcing seating in a block. Also we need to check food suitability, visiting leaders beforehand.
AS: Area for elderly still being looked at.
TW: All Board members to review or produce bio-pics for website.
Date of next meeting: 17th May at 7.30 pm if allowed to meet in person otherwise at 7 pm on Zoom.
Action: FP to raise paperwork for Emma Smith (prop DMJ, 2nd AS) to become 15th Board member.
The meeting closed at 8.12 pm