A small team of volunteers have worked most days since then to complete the following jobs. This has allowed Ian and Mick to concentrate on the pitch area
The work has been paid for by the CUFC Lottery organised by the CFU on behalf of the club. See link to join the lottery http://www.play2winlottery.co.uk/
· Weed all areas of the ground – there are areas where they have re-appeared but will now hopefully be managed when possible in the future
· Sweep and tidy up leaves in areas around the floodlight at the Habbin North and behind cordoned off area
· Clear guttering on accessible stand in the Tick Tock area which were blocked
· Clear guttering on the old changing rooms at Cut Throat lane which were blocked
· Wash down and clean seats and tidy up around all accessible areas
· Pick and collect rubbish around the ground
· Re-furbish and create a new Fan Zone bar area in Marvins
· Provide benches for use at the back of the Habbin for supporters to enjoy a drink and something to eat.
· Enlarge step in Gents toilet in Habbin
· Arrange for toilet to be repaired in Habbin gents
· Add mirror and photo in Habbin Ladies toilet
· Add photo in Habbin gents toilet
· Re-located the Garden of Remembrance to behind the Habbin.
· Clean all seats ad bench seats in the Main Stand. Faulty ones have been repaired or replaced, however, if you would like to report one see http://www.cambridgefansunited.org/match-day-info.html
· Tidied up and cleaned the Reception area in the Main Stand.
· Repaired seats in the Board room and function rooms
· Cleaned and washed windows in the new extension on Main Stand
· Pre-pared advertising board fin advance of team photos
· Laid new gravel outside Marvins
· Put coat hooks up in the toilets in the Main Stand apart from two due to having difficulties finding fixings. Other toilets will now be targeted.
· Carried out maintenance work in Tea Bar 1 which is located at the Cut Throat Lane End
· Cut down over hanging tree over pavement on Newmarket Road.
· Carried out weed clearance around the pitch track
· Clear and cut back foliage at South Stand to allow improved wheelchair access for away supporters
· Provided speed sign behind the Main Stand by Marvins
· Improve signage for toilets in Main Stand Gents toilet
· Cleaned player tunnel and painted doors
· Carried out vital food tasting sessions
CFU and Cambridge United would like to thank everyone who helped during the past month and there are still many jobs to be completed. Some small, some easy, some large and some which will require skilled technicians
We are looking to set up a group for those retired adults to meet up one day a week for example Mondays to complete all the task needed to be done.
If you have retired, please contact me Dave Matthew-Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone has some of the skills needed and yours may be the one possibly no one else has. I make the tea and supply the biscuits so come along.
As mentioned before the lottery has provided much of the funding for the above work. If you can’t come along you can still help by joining the CUFC lottery
See link to join the lottery http://www.play2winlottery.co.uk/