I have been a supporter of Cambridge United since 1970 when as a family we moved from Reading. During that time we have seen highs and lows, however I have never doubted my support for the club. Being made FED & SLO is a great honour and one that I will serve with the pride, hard work and with the experience & knowledge gained during my time with the Supporters Trust CFU and before that CUSA.
SLO Role - Supporters Liaison Officer.
As SLO I hope to:
- act as a communications bridge between the fans and the club and contribute towards maintaining a dialogue between them.
- inform fans about relevant decisions made by the club’s management and, in the other direction, to communicate to the club’s management questions and the views, concerns and needs of the fans.
- contact fan groups at other clubs, making sure that information is available for their visits to us and our visits to them.
- have a close working relationship with the Football Supporters’ Federation, and to understand current trends and concerns nationally so that both fans and Club can be kept aware of topical developments.
For more information on the role of SLO:
- Information sheet sent to opposition’s SLO before every home match
- For Away matches, information from SLO requested and publicised on CFU website and twitter
- Match Day information available through links on CUFC website.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Working towards making Cambs Glass Stadium Autism friendly
- Providing better facilities on match days for all supporters
- Creation of an LGBT group at the club
I am planning to hold meetings after the following matches -
26th August Morecambe
11th November Accrington
30th March Crawley
FANS DIRECTOR ROLE
Although somewhat similar to my role as an SLO I am here to represent fans’ viewpoints to the Board . So I will seek your views and advice whenever I can. If you have an issue or concerns that need to be raised, my contact details are below.
The role is interesting, demanding and at times can be difficult. It must be remembered that as a Director the person in situ has a legal and fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best overall interests of CUFC Ltd, and at times a balance must be struck. However, the fans’ views can be a huge influence in determining the longer term success and stability of the Club. The Fans Director must use judgment and skill in presenting the Fans' position to the Board and then following this through when necessary.
At the same time, all of the CUFC Directors’ views and skills must be taken into account in deciding any eventual outcome which might influence the future direction of the Club and important decisions.
If you would like to contact me please find the following methods for doing so -
Club 01223 566500 (Leave a message)
Mobile 07703 274034 or 07957 344005
or via the club
Come along to the CFU outlet and they will contact me