See link below for what was reported-
Please see below the main points included in the Cambridge United submission supplied to the EFL
The following information was due to be sent out in advance of the EFL statement to supporters last week.
Cambridge United, along with other clubs in the EFL, were recently requested to take part in the consultations on the proposed Whole Game Solution. The EFL's discussions are ongoing and no decision will be made without further consultation.
The club has written to the EFL expressing its opposition to the main proposals, namely:
- We would not support a winter break for league 2 teams.
- Definitely NOT Premier League B teams.
- Definitely NOT teams from Scotland
- The EFL should remain a national competition and only the amateur game should be regionalised
- Request that the National League should be consulted if it is proposed to be included in the Whole Game Solution
- Raised concerns about the loss of finance through reduced season ticket sales, sponsorship and other incomes
- Requested that mid week travel time is reduced for supporters to no more than two hours.
- Different format for the EFL Trophy is required to be brought forward
If you would like to speak to the Supporter Liaison Officer on Tuesday or Saturday please contact him email@example.com
Talks about the Whole Game Solution will continue until early next year, when a formal proposal will be collated for further discussion prior to a vote at the 2016-17 EFL summer conference.
Supporters Groups Football Supporters Federation ( http://fsf.org.uk/ ), Supporters Direct ( http://www.supporters-direct.org/ )and Cambridge Fans United will also be seeking views from Supporters as part of the next phase in the consultation. We encourage supporters to take part in these consultations.
(It costs just 20 pounds to join CFU and your membership makes a difference) CFU.
CUFC Lottery supporting CRY click here www.play2winlottery.co.uk/bull-cry.html