Liam Enver-Marum former U's player is at Basingstoke
The club beat Torquay 3-0 to reach this stage of the FA Cup
The club is currently bottom of the Vanarame National League South
Nickname is the Stokes or The Dragons
There is little doubt that football was being played in the Basingstoke area in the early 1890’s, but it was not until 1896 that a Basingstoke Town club was formed from Aldworth United and Basingstoke Albion.
In 1901 the club entered the Hampshire League, and in 1909 the local Hants Ironworks team merged with the ‘Town’ club. This merger produced dividends, with title success in 1911/12 and 1919/20. After playing at a couple of grounds in the area, the club moved to its present site in 1946. The ground is named after its benefactor, the late Lord Camrose.
See the clubs website for their full history http://basingstoketown.net/the-club/club-history/
Contact CFU | Join CFU | News | Join CUFC Lottery
(It costs just 20 pounds to join CFU and your membership makes a difference)