1) Can you name the 3 United managers to have played in FA Cup Finals, give the year of each match and the competing teams.
2) 2 players who have represented United have scored goals in FA Cup Finals, can you name the players and the games in which they scored?
3) An FA Cup 3rd round tie between Cambridge United and Oldham Athletic in early 1974 created headline news.
Can you describe why?
4) By virtue of their division 2 league status Cambridge United proceeded automatically to the joint furthest they had progressed in the FA CUP in both 1978-79 and 1979 -1980. The encounter during 1979 (due to lots of postponements) was shown on match of the day and in 1980 United drew at home ( and lost away) to a then 1st division team. Can you name the 2 opponents and the United scorers in the 1980 encounters?
5) A 1984 FA Cup Semi final played between Plymouth Argyle and Watford included an epic dual between 2 former United players ( both later returning to the Us ).Can you name the players involved and the outcome of the confrontation?
Answers can be found in the June Amber News by clicking here